UnitedHealth Group is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This role is primarily a Canonical Data Modeler working with various project teams to enable integration while maintaining a Canonical Data Model. This role will develop the enterprise Canonical Model by working in conjunction with the Enterprise Logical Data Model team and with various project teams. These integrations will vary from traditional EDI to Web Service to RESTful Services.
This role will also be integral in to the development of the MarkLogic database schemas.
- Canonical Data Model Design: Responsible for the design and implementation of Canonical Data Model (Object Oriented) alignment with the Enterprise Data Models as well as industry standards such as the HIPAA X12 EDI, HL7, NIEM and the maintenance of a data dictionary (metadata)
- Provide inputs and best practices for publishing and mandating data exchange standards and methodologies covering synchronous, asynchronous, high volume batch integrations
- X12 and Healthcare Data SME: Understands HealthCare concepts specifically around health plans, benefits coverage, member eligibility, clinical data, claims processing, provider networks and contracts, etc.
- Customer Projects: Provides assistance to implementation groups and leads major EDI and Canonical related discussions and customer requirements for integration
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in data architecture, XML based modeling, implementing large data architecture initiative
- Minimum of 5+ years with XML / XML Schema
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Great problem solving and situation analysis skills
- Strong team player
- Highly detail oriented and a great task master
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial individual
- Experience in interfacing with customers of all sizes
- Ability to conduct customer workshops with Business and IT stakeholders to validate requirements
- Outstanding presentation skills, strong storyboarding and Power point skills
- Preferably 5 – 10 years’ experience in HealthCare Industry
- Must have a strong understanding of ER, UML and XML Modeling Methodology and related tools Altova XMLSpy, digitalML igniteML and Embarcadero ER/Studio
- Experience in designing and developing Canonical Data Models (XML/JSON) as well as XSLT transformations
- Experience using Canonical Data Models with Big Data
- Strong Data Analytics skills – ability to analyze data reside in disparate systems, and be able to map these using common glossary
- Strong understanding of SOA Architecture (SOAP as well as RESTful Services)
- Experience implementing Canonical Models with Web and data services both synchronous and asynchronous
- Experience with data virtualization practices and technologies
- Experience with Agile and RSA lifecycle methodologies
- Strong implementation experience in EDI and EDI life cycle management health plan environments
- Experience in EDI data mapping, EDI compliance tools is a plus
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.