Are you passionate about offering customers Earth’s biggest selection? Do you want to play a key role in building innovative solutions to drive authoritative selection on Amazon? Do you have a high sense of ownership and the ability to create end to end solutions for complex problems? If so, Amazon’s Selection Monitoring team has an opportunity for you.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our sellers. The FBA team partners with sellers and our Amazon fulfillment centers to create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of sellers who use FBA report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers.
As a senior business intelligence engineer, you will work with product managers, business owners, Sales and software teams to provide the analytic technologies, conduct complex data analysis, and draw insight from large and complex set of data. You will also independently develop and drive action plans to systematically remove and prevent defects identified from the data. You will build and maintain data models and metrics that accurately measure short and long term business benefits of the actions taken and own the process to test and iterate to ensure that the actions are driving the right business results.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. He/she will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The scope for this role includes the following:
· Develop models, provide analytics and recommendation for the use of FBA Selection Small and Light Program to drive Seller behaviors and maximize selection and benefits for Amazon’s customers.
· Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of quantitative analysis on FBA and MFN Sellers- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and insights, -Collaborating with engineers to implement the design of the data architecture.
· Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects. Supporting ad-hoc data analysis requests- Building prediction models,
· Proficiency with SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
· Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
· Participate in periodic reviews with senior leaders at Amazon.
· Think creatively: Amazon is a place that is permanently pushing the boundaries of the industry. We are not looking for someone that will just estimate models and write analyses. We want someone that will extract insights and provide business recommendations
· Generate Impact: We want someone obsessed with impact. We don’t want someone that is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Math, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· 5+ years of professional experience in business analytics at scale
· 5+ years of professional experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Business Intelligence architecture.
· Experience operating, and working with very large databases and datasets – Expert in SQL and performance optimization.
· Experience solving complex quantitative business challenges -experience in the development of pricing analysis is a strong plus.
· Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with and influence both business and technical teams.
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Solid communication skills and team player.
· Master’s/Ph.D/MBA degree.
· Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Working knowledge of SAS
· Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders: Exhibits business judgment; Has relentlessly high standards; Dives deep; Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution; Thinks big and has convictions; Results oriented
· Experience relying heavily on data and analysis in driving decision making.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
· Knowledge of accounting, financial, operational, and marketing principles.