Senior Consultant – Big Data / WLA – France – (16001241)
BMC Software is currently looking to add within their Top Class EMEA presales organisation. We are specifically looking for a senior consultant to cover the WLA (Workload Automation) and Big Data topics.
The Senior Software consultant role will be responsible for providing support on a unique enterprise level software solution for various customers.
– Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities.
– Delivers and customizes technical presentations on BMC products.
– Builds new presentations for use by sales and other software consultants.
– Explains product capabilities, limitations, and implementation.
– Can describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives.
– Actively participates in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms.
– Identifies and develops innovative solutions to customer requirements.
– Also is responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of BMC’s products vs our competition.
– Assist in developing competitive product white papers for use by sales and software consultants.
– Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities requiring complex solutions.
– Works with the sales representative with little supervision to define sales and technical strategies in dealing with the client.
Provides feedback on technical efforts of other Software Consultants.
– Writes trial plans for prospective clients.
– Provides technical support to these clients.
– Monitors progress of the client in using the product.
– Keeps the account team informed of the trial status.
– Identifies and resolves technical and business problems with the trial.
– Provides demonstrations and presentations for BMC Seminars and Tradeshows.
– Researches, composes, and delivers responses to RFPs.
– Interacts with clients to clarify requirements. Reviews RFP responses for technical accuracy.
– Generates timely status reports, time usage reports, and expense reports as requested by management.
– Collects business and technical information from clients regarding requirements.
– Works with R&D to define requirements for new products or new product features as required.
– Designs and builds customized demonstrations of BMC solutions for prospective clients possibly using pre-production and beta software.
– Presents and delivers these demonstrations to clients. Assists and trains other Software Consultants in developing demonstrations.
– Installs solutions at client sites as part of proof of concept or pilot.
– Is able to use BMC products in a variety of environments.
– Knowledge of Workload Automation or Big Data subjects
– 5 years experience in Presales / Consultng role
– Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Project management experience involving software implementation.
– Professional consulting experience, presentation and character.
– Analyze customer needs and implement solutions through research and troubleshooting and recommending a solution
– Fluency in French and English