At Optum, we are focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. Do you enjoy working with an elite team, empowered to do your best? If so, please consider this your opportunity to see your ideas come to life. Optum is known for its innovative approach to health care.
If you are looking for a position in the rapidly growing Healthcare Industry in a Fortune 14 company, this position is for you!
In this Senior Big Data Developer role, you will be part of the OptumCare OCIO (Office of the CIO) organization. The Senior Developer will actively participate in projects and be responsible for supporting solutions to meet project needs in line in with defined guiding principles and standards. You will be responsible for the working with the data, processes, and technologies which, when combined with execution plans, provides the business and IT functions the needed leadership and technical expertise to successfully deliver on project and initiative expectations.
OptumCare designs and manages delivery systems in markets where we can achieve the Triple Aim for patients—a better experience, higher quality and lower costs. With our expertise and resources, we are on the front lines transforming the health care delivery system to help improve the overall health of patients and communities.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Align data best practices, and solutions patterns with business strategies.
- Lead discussions with associated business and technology stakeholders to facilitate requirements, decision making and align solutions to business needs.
- Participate in the development, communication and implementation of the data architecture and data plan, including the components required to support it
- Participate in hands-on data modeling, data architecture and drive processes/solutions that address all aspects of data at rest and in-motion.
- Support the development of solutions that integrate data and functionality with and from other systems internal and external to UHG/Optum.
- Work with leading edge technologies and a team with a mixture of highly developed and developing IT professionals with a variety of skills and experiences.
- Drive and managing high-quality execution, operational excellence and be able to juggle priorities and adjust to shifting business and market requirements.
- Work with speed and urgency in an Agile environment, using Agile methodologies with a goal of defining canonical solution models that maximize reuse and ensure team velocity.
- Ensure adherence to enterprise design and development frameworks, drive compliance to UHG/Optum-blessed processes and leverage enterprise and industry patterns and practices to deliver robust, secure, scalable software products and solutions.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Minimum two to five years of “hands on” experience with a combination of the following technologies on the Hadoop platform: Hive, Spark, Pig, HBase, and/or MapReduce
- 7 or more years of experience in data development with at least two years of experience being on Hadoop
- At least one year of experience using Data Integration Tools on the Big Data Platform such as Talend, DataStage or other vendor tool.
- Proven experience in bridging the needs and pace across IT delivery functions.
- Deep understanding of: Data Discovery and Profiling; Data Mapping; Data Modeling; and Data Management processes (e.g., Data Quality)
- Undergraduate Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be flexible to work with global teams and stakeholders across time zones
- Experience developing and delivering large complex solutions in a sizeable enterprise.
- Knowledgeable in industry standard patterns, practices and technologies (e.g., Cloud, Software as a Service, Web Services, development languages, Big Data, Mobile development, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase or MarkLogic
- Experience in using efficient methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Experience in change data capture products for Big Data
- Familiarity with data loading tools like Sqoop
- Strong data analytic abilities and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead solution design and delivery planning activities.
- Ability to coach and lead matrix IT staff.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.