Who you are: You consider yourself the source of insight for marketing and business problems. Know exactly how to make the simple data request come alive and deliver the right information to the team so we make the best decisions? Understand numbers, statistics, model testing like the back of your hand? Can you get at the numbers no matter where they live (SQL, Excel, under the couch cushions) and then put them together to tell a story mere mortals can consume? We just might have a position for you!
Spiceworks is looking for a marketing analytics manager who can roll up their sleeves and start from the raw data and build from there. Someone who isn’t afraid of learning what the thousands of tables of data mean and who can make sense of the terabytes of data we have to analyze. This is no simple marketing analytics role where you have a few million web visitors, think tens of millions, think about building funnels that include external data sources, application data, community data, and website data. But most importantly, you can tie the data to the problems that need to be solved and communicate the data to the team. If this sounds like the challenge you were made for then read on.
Who we are: Spiceworks, an 8 year-old Austin-based startup, is transforming how tech products (hardware, software and IT services) are marketed and sold to over 5 million SMB IT pros around the world. Over 2,000 new users join Spiceworks for free each day. How do we keep IT free? Over 3,000 tech brands (including Microsoft, Dell, HP and Rackspace) advertise in Spiceworks to reach these IT pros. Since SMB IT pros have historically been a tough market to reach, vendors love the unique ways Spiceworks helps them reach this elusive market… so much so that Forbes touted us “the future of media”!
Your day-to-day (as an Marketing Analytics Manager, you’ll):
- Work hand in hand with marketing and product marketing teams to understand the most pressing business problems and build analyses that helps those teams drive better outcomes
- The creation and delivery of standardized revenue cohort reports to help the business make better decisions on how to build products that IT Pros love and that we can monetize
- Deep dive/troubleshooting analytics to help track tests, solve problems, and identify indicators of potential changes in both user growth and usage
- Evolving the standard reporting set to help us better track performance
- Work closely with the development analytics team to ensure that the right queries and data are being analyzed for the business problem being solved
What does it take to do this job?
- A deep passion for data and an inquisitive nature when it comes to numbers and their use in business decision making
- 10 years of business analytics experience helping to build and analyze data from a variety of business, product, and marketing systems.
- Deep & practical knowledge of SQL to be able to extract data directly from databases
- Deep knowledge of Excel and an ability to create reporting for business user consumption
- Knowledge of marketing attribution modelling and marketing decision making that is driven from attribution modelling
- Strong verbal and written skills are a must, as well as experience in communicating in depth quantitative data in ways that business users can consume.
- Proven ability to take business requests and translate them into technical requirements needed to pull the right data.
- A passion for IT is required