Together, we deliver smarter, faster and simpler solutions for a modern, innovative health system. We are also the career home to those who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. If you strive to help people live healthier lives by building your career with a leader in health care, this is the career for you! Come share your expertise and your passion and do your life’s best work.(sm)
We are seeking a Healthcare Data Analytics Consultant. This individual will collaborate with product owners, business analysts and methodologists to document complex business logic. The position is responsible for understanding user requirements and creating documents based on reporting needs. You will create rules definitions, transformation logic, and source-to-target mapping based on requirements.
- Create and maintain business logic specifications for business intelligence solutions, including complex analytic methodologies used in a health care decision-support solution
- Collaborate with stakeholders within a Scrum framework to ensure correct implementation of business logic
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Respond to end-user inquiries regarding questions about analytical concepts
- Support ongoing operations / maintenance / enhancement of existing solutions, in partnership with applicable stakeholders (e.g., IT, business owners / partners, vendors)
- Contribute to training programs to support implementation of the solution
- Support testing activities, as appropriate, specifically user acceptance testing and content validation testing
- Ability to self-direct with minimal oversight
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Undergraduate Degree in IT, business management or healthcare-related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst
- 3+ years of healthcare data claim content experience. Must be familiar with claim structure data components and relationships
- 1+ years of experience working knowledge of administrative claims data and medical coding systems (i.e. CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9/10, NDC)
- Deep understanding of health care industry concepts (cost of care, health risk, quality of care, etc.)
- Familiarity with analytic grouping methodologies, including Symmetry ETG, ERG, EBM Connect, and DRG
- 5+ years working in a health care setting, preferably in a managed healthcare company
- Experience with statistical concepts
- Experience with project and/or product management and lifecycles
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a matrix environment, strong problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains
- Communicate effectively, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.