Do you have the desire to be a key leader within a leading healthcare consulting organization? Are you interested in bringing your healthcare consulting and leadership talents into a highly recognized organization? Have you led key account client initiatives and driven increased sales and revenues for those key accounts? We are seeking a Director of Business Engagement and Account Management to help manage and drive revenues for our key accounts. The successful individual would have proven experience working for a large consulting organization, show proven revenue growth and had direct responsibility for managing large key account initiatives.
Optum Data Management is the enterprise data management services organization representing integrated Optum-wide data, technology, and delivery services. In addition, Optum Data Management consults both internally for UHG and externally for our constituent markets. As a key leader you will have experience working with a variety of clients on their technology needs, be able to assess gaps and advise on solutions that provide significant ROI, and recognize the opportunity to build new capabilities into the existing ODM products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about asking and answering questions through the use of large structured and unstructured data. It is critical to have exceptional communication skills and the ability to make complex concepts simple and easy to understand.
- Client Engagement and Account Management (75% Time Allocation):
- Perform key account management responsibilities driving modern data strategy vision and planning for large and small scale market opportunity
- Work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders to drive strategic data management and technology discussions to help identify business challenges, opportunities, and priorities
- Develop and manage strategic plans and programs that drive existing client growth and value
- Drive strong working relationships and customer satisfaction with existing clients by becoming a trusted client partner and strategic advisor from a data management and technology perspective
- Increase value delivered to existing clients and stakeholders by driving and enabling modern technologies and innovative delivery models for account growth
- Act as client advocate by partnering with delivery teams to ensure product and service programs / projects are providing business value as expected within the existing account(s)
- Understand key market dynamics that result from industry data/technology trends and work with senior leadership to develop data management services to expand business value to our clients
- New Business Development (25%):
- Drive new customer growth and opportunities where Optum may provide business value of modern data management and technology services
- Support business development activities that support Optum growth directives, including new product development in support of internal and commercial markets
- Work collaboratively with business customers and stakeholders while representing data management and technology strategic perspective based on client needs
- Ensure the business development strategy aligns to practice objectives and client strategy
- Leverage existing client relationships to drive new client growth directives
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years Healthcare IT experience
- 10+ years Data Management and BI/Analytics experience
- 10+ years demonstrated managing large scale/key accounts
- Proven success and direct responsibility increasing year over year client revenue or budgetary responsibility
- Experience and credibility interacting and communicating at all levels, including C-suite executives as part of client engagement, sales pursuit and delivery efforts
- Experience developing new business and identification of expansion opportunities
- Strong awareness of data management and technology competitive vendor landscape, including big data and modern technologies
- Experience writing and executing business plans for new data management solutions, including proposal development, RFI/RFP responses, and opportunity strategy and positioning
- Experience leading a team of direct reports as well as work effectively in a matrix stakeholder environment
- Ability to travel up to 25-50%
- Available Location: Minnetonka / Eden Prairie / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Master’s Degree in data science, computer science or business related field
- Revenue/budget responsibility of 10MM+
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.