Is it important to you to create an application that will benefit millions of people? At Optum, you are empowered to do your best! You will work with an elite team to create applications using the newest and latest technologies.
If you have a solid track record for innovation and accomplishment, we are eager to speak with you! We hire talented coding professionals who are looking to advance their careers by working for the best company in the healthcare industry. You will have the most opportunities to grow and develop your career while using the skills that you have obtained thus far. Being a leader in healthcare IT, it is always challenging and exciting here at Optum in creating the healthcare system of tomorrow. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
In this role, your responsibilities will include providing day-to-day technology incident / problem management / service request / release management support of five Employer Solutions applications and one multi-group application. The applications that you will support are Parallax Analysis View 9BI); Parallax Summary View (BI); Health Plan Manager (BI); DQM/DSOMP (etl); QTNG/DSOMP (ETL); Eleanor (Serena workflow tool).
- Analysis and trouble shooting of all ETL/Bi Reporting/workflow technology issues encountered by the multiple Optum business groups
- Analyze user requirements and procedures to improve existing systems
- Review computer system capabilities and work flow in order to determine appropriate upgrades and improvements
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing for a large-scale computer system
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications and overall operating systems
- Prepare root cause analysis documents, conduct code review, and test and tune the developed jobs. Duties are performed utilizing UNIX/LINUX /Wintel OS, UNIX/LINUX Scripting, Oracle/SQL, Teradata, PERL, Datastage Parallel Extender, Java, Tomcat server, Toad, SAS, MS SSIS/SSRS, Microstrategy and Serena workflow technologies
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED with Datastage Parallel Extender experience
- 3+ years of Datastage Parallel Extender experience
- 3+ years of Oracle/SQL experience
- 3+ years of UNIX/Linux OS experience
- 3+ years of Windows OS experience
- 3+ years of Microsoft Office tools experience
- MicroStrategy experience
- Teradata experience
- Java experience
- PERL experience
- SAS experience
- UNIX/Linux Scripting experience
- Tomcat Server; Toad; MS SSIS/SSRS; SQL Server management experience
- IT experience in the Health Care Information field
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.