CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations of all sizes leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud.
Your future starts here!
We are looking for a talented Principal Data Scientist to join our team. This position is with our talented and growing UIM (Unified Infrastructure Management) team based in beautiful Fort Collins, CO. We are looking for a candidate with a strong work ethic who is adaptable, responsive and versatile. As our product grows and technology continues to evolve you will need to have a desire to keep pace and learn the tools/tech that will take us to the next level. This position is responsible for leading a few projects in data analytics to provide significant value and leadership to the project(s).
Our Product In a Snapshot
CA UIM is a powerful and comprehensive IT monitoring software. It is a scalable solution that provides 360-degree visibility into systems and infrastructure performance. Our product eliminates the need for disparate monitoring solutions, helping customers to optimize operational efficiency while reducing the complexity, cost and hassle of having to use and integrate multiple tools.
About The Role
In this role, you’ll help support CA Technologies’ charter to transform the IT industry by:
- Keep a pulse on data analytics trends to figure out how CA can tap into these trends to execute on multiple projects
- Understand CA’s business constraints to ensure that data analytics strategy proposed in the projects fit with the overall direction of the products and is executable.
- Ability to communicate with scientists as well as engineers.
- Ability to help interpret project results to sales / product management as well as customers.
- Bring about significant innovation and solve complex problems in projects based on analytics
- Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Set up software configuration control and software development environments including program source control to ensure reliable backups and source code integrity.
- Provide input to establish and improve departmental processes and procedures.
- Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other development team members.
- May have indirect reports and manage a small project team.
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Mentor, train, develop and serve as knowledge resource for less experienced Software Engineers.
How You’ll Stand Out
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for leadership, software development and innovation. An ideal background will include:
- Typically 7 or more years of experience executing on projects as a lead and 10 or more years of analytic computing experience.
- In depth knowledge of data science principles and practices
- Strong experience leading projects, managing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris) and database platforms (MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Strong experience working within a Scrum team/Agile environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Computer Science and Software Engineering
Preferred Education Master’s or Ph.D. degree or global Equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Sciences.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.