As a Big Data Development Technical Lead, you will be accountable for development, testing & implementation of data sources into the Enterprise Data Lake. You will review and vet technical solutions, lead technical discussions, provide guidance to developers and assist in troubleshooting. Your primary function will also include estimation of projects, working with the engagement team, business stakeholders, source system SMEs, solution architects, technical leads and others.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development and testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Designing reusable Java components, frameworks and libraries
- Working closely with the Architecture group and driving solutions
- Implementing the data management framework for the Data Lake
- Supporting the implementation and driving to stable state in production
- Providing alternative design solutions and project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, performance improvements etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrating substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 8+ consecutive years in the software engineering profession
- 2+ years of hands-on expertise with Big data technologies (HBASE, HIVE, SQOOP, PIG)
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and/or managing workloads for team members
- Splunk and Talend
- 2+ years of Agile/Scrum methodology
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- 5+ years of hands on expertise with SQL writing queries and RDBMS
- Demonstrated expertise in Java programming and frameworks
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.